Wednesday 20 June 2012

Rooney: England can win Euro 2012

Rooney Celebrating his first goal of EURO12 


"I think we know our qualities and what we're capable of"  


"We've got together and worked really hard, we've done a lot of tactical play in training and we're difficult to beat."


"I don't think there is any team that would fancy playing us, we're difficult to break down and we've got the players who can score goals, so it's going well at the minute. We'll get a good rest now and hopefully we'll be back fresh."


"I am obviously delighted with the win and to score is obviously great. I haven't scored in a major championship for a while so it was nice to get the goal that effectively won us the game" 


"I thought the whole team were fantastic, we defended really well and stuck in there at times against a difficult crowd, I thought our fans were brilliant as well and we deserved the win."


"I said before it doesn't matter who we play, the main thing was to get through the group and to finish top is great for us. We play Italy now so it'll be a difficult game of course but we're confident, we believe in ourselves and you never know"


"We stuck together, we have a belief in ourselves and are ready for the challenges ahead."


"I used a bit of Andy Carroll's product before the game and he asked me to do it if I scored a header. Hopefully I'll end up with hair like him." 

No comments:

Post a Comment